Monday, 25 April 2011

Less Is More - Off Centre

Hello again!
Four postings in one day - I may have to go & lay down in a darkened room.

I just had to pop back in again - I have found a new challenge blog - well new to me - "Less is More" describing itself as a clean & simple challenge blog.  Just click on their name to go to their website. I like clean & simple so I have to join in. This weeks theme is "Off Centre", so I popped up to my craft room to see what I could do.  Here is the photo or actually photos, as I couldn't make up my mind which way up I preferred the card.  To be honest the first one was my first thoughts - I wanted it to be a bit different.  Then I thought should I be a little more traditional.  I think I made my choice when I placed them in the order I have.  By the way I didn't make two cards - oh no, when I loaded the photos into My Pictures I copied it & flipped it. Details about the card after the photos;




The floral stamp is from a set of unmounted stamps & I have discarded the packaging so cannot say whose they are.  The word stamp is from Crafty Individuals.  I used Versafine Imperial Plum Ink (sadly it looks almost black here) & just added the three little lilac flat back gems to pull the design around the corner.

I have already looked at the other entries & there are some stunning cards there - I hope mine meets the criteria.

That really is me for today.

16 comments:

CraftyJo said...

I've been following "Less Is More" since it started but haven't joined in yet. I do have a lot of trouble with 'white space' myself but love the examples there and I really like the one you've done here.

I think I prefer it in the second orientation :)

Dolly Daydreams said...

Lovely card simple but stylish.

Marie

Kathyk said...

Lovely - I have that same C.I. stamp set too

Kathyk

Chrissie said...

I prefer the second orientation too. When a sentiment has text which needs to be read rather than simply briefly scanned to take in what it says, then I think that it needs to be displayed in the correct plane.If you can recognise a well known phrase easily, then it can be added to a card sideways or any other way which makes it part of the overall design.
What a load of waffle... but I think your card is great!
Chrissie
Lady LIM

Christine said...

Gorgeous card, I prefer the second orientation too.
Hugs
Christine x

Susan said...

Love the shaped edges...so pretty!

Mandi said...

~great card!
I have to agree about the second one being better. I too love sentiments placed sideways, but, on this occasion think its better that way. A recipient that doesn't read cards would automatically turn it, then think you have written upside down inside lol
Thanks so much
mandi
Diva LIM
Less is More

Linby said...

A great card very CAS. I prefer to be able to read the sentiment straight up but I think the modern way would be to have it on the side!
Linbyx

Suze Bain said...

Yes, I agree, second one's best. Lovely image and sentiment. x

Aileen said...

I like your second card too. lovely CAS card. x

Lynne said...

Super cards, both of them.
Lynne xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Hi Lynne, I have left you something on my blog if you would like to pop along and take a look.

Sue

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Sorry got ahead of myself on the last post. Of course your not Lynne but the comment was intended for you.
Sue

sasa said...

love that plum ink and all the space!

thanks for sharing

Sarah at 182

Faith A said...

Lovely card

Zoechaos said...

Lovely elegant card, anything more would be too much. XOXO Zoe