Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Just chatting - a little more about me

Hi everyone
Having started to post blogs a little more regularly due to entering a few blog challenges I thought I should keep going with some chat about what I am up to.

I have just re-read my profile & in it it doesn't mention that I run some rubber stamping clubs locally or that I am involved with the HSNW Stamp Festivals that are run at Port Sunlight on the Wirral.

Each festival the members of the club decorate some 4" squares for the exhibition board that is on show in the entrance hall.  The theme this show was using silver & white only - which compliments the competion for this show. So! I thought, that as I have handed mine in, I could show you the three that I made;

Using Clarity Corners with some silver flat backed gems

Using an unmounted - unknown - medallion stamp with a fabric flower in the centre that has been dabbed on a Versamark pad & embossed with silver embossing powder & a silver  flat backed gem in the centre of the flower.

making use of the fact that I hold one of the club stamps

All the stamping was done with Versamark ink pad & silver Embossing Powder

At first I thought - wow! - we really have given ourselves a test here.  Silver & white!  What can you do with that.  I have to say, that once I got started I kept getting new ideas.  So! I think I will continue with those ideas to make toppers for cards.  I really like clean & simple cards - although I am happy to indulge in busier cards now & then.

I am off to do some stamping now - chat to you again soon.  Thank you for stopping by.

No comments: