Tuesday, 12 April 2011

A good days stamping

Well! I finally kept my promise to myself & had a day of stamping.

The designs I decided to use & how I created them are very clean & simple - no fancy shapes & lots of layers & embellishments.  Some will be used by me personally & some are to go towards my fund-raising box of cards. 

Ooh!  I did also make two cards that used up the left over backing paper & toppers from the owl challenge card I made a couple of weeks ago.

For one group I returned to my oriental poppy stamp & coloured my card with distress inks the image was stamped in memories archival ink & quickly embossed with clear EP.  Again I stamped the images on tags - I do so like working on tags.  One was made with Red Brick, one with Stormy Sky & the last one with Wild Honey. I found a little wooden mounted bamboo stamp in the drawer that I had forgotten I had & stamped the edges of the base cards in the matching inks.  Here they are;



The other stamped images I did were of a vintage car.  I have had this car a long time & every so often I think I won't use it any more & consider selling it - then out of the blue it seems just the right stamp to have.  I used local area map taken off Google for the background papers.  Here they are;


None of these cards have greetings on as I prefer to add that at the time I use them.  Even if it is to be a stamped greeting it can be stamped on a small piece of card  cut out & placed on the card on sticky dots.

I might as well show you the two owl cards as well;


I also stamped out some more of those funky cats & that rather nice butterfly that I used about a week ago.  So hopefully I might find time to do something with those tomorrow.

Please pop back & see.

No comments: