Saturday, 23 April 2011

CD Sunday challenge - Happy Birthday

Hello everyone
Thank you for popping in, especially as there has been a bit of a gap again in my blogging.
Well I have cut it fine once again, as this is my entry for last Sunday's CD Sunday challenge.  The theme to be a Happy Birthday card, as it is their birthday, & may they have many more.

I think I will show the photo of the card first & then talk about it;

It is a centre stepper card design taken from My Craft Studio - Encyclopaedia CD, Volume 1 - letter C.  I used one of the background designs from the CD for the stepper card with the template shape on the reverse.  Before printing I changed the colour to one as close as possible to the design sheet. There are two effects on this card that I seem to be doing more of these days.  Fine cutting out & using glitter.  You may just be able to see the glitter on the throats of the flower on the floral arches & on the dragonfly wings.

Here is a close up of the main panel, followed by a closer look through the arches;

This lower photo was taken through the right hand arch which allows you to see better the little panel on the next step.

I do enjoy working wiith monochrome designs & this one is delightful.  Made for the challenge but I have just the right person it will suit when their birthday arrives.

Thank you for popping in I am off to do some more crafting now & look forward to seeing what the CD Sunday challenge will be tomorrow.


6 comments:

starcyl said...

Hello again and thanks for joining in with our celebrations this week. I love the colour of the card and the glitter just sets it off. Plenty of cutting out going on here and you've done a grand job, all in all a very pretty card.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

Gorgeous card, I do love the Iris's, ( have a beautiful vase of them in my room right now), love the colours and the glitter enhancement, Thanks for sharing this with on our birthday at CD Sunday this week. xx

Christine said...

Good to see you joining in with us again, especially as it's our birthday over at CD Sunday this week.
Gorgeous card with so much cutting out, don't think I would have the patience. Love the Iris's.
Thanks for joining us and hope we see you next week.
Christine xx

Carol said...

A great card. It looks quite complicated but so well executed. The Irises look beautiful.
Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
Carol
xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is such a beautiful piece of work - thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

Wendy -x-

Carol said...

Just popped back to congratulate you on being the winner of our 2nd prize in our 1st Birthday Challenge. It is a beautiful card and a worthy prize winner. I hope you continue to join in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol
CD Sunday DT
xx