Sunday, 24 April 2011

CD Sunday - Butterflies

Gosh - two days in succession that is a great improvement.

Thank you to the CD Sunday Challenge ladies for their lovely comments on my stepper card submitted yesterday for their last weeks challenge.  I thought it was time I didn't drag my heels - so I have entered this weeks challenge today!!!!!

Once again I used My Craft Studio CD's - this time "Wings & Things" which I used for the background & the butterflies.  I cannot remember which one I eventually found the frame in.  That is so silly - but I spent a long time deciding on the one I wanted.  I know it didn't come from the Encyclopedia set.  I will remember sometime or stumble across it again when creating something else.  Here is the photo for this weeks CD Sunday Challenge;

The background paper was an A4 design & I originally was going to use all of it to make a large card. I created a second sheet for the back by cropping out the music.   Then I changed my mind & folded the card in half to use landscape. I even changed my mind about which half would be the front. I will include a photo of the other side. I rather like these little frame boxes & have been working on a project that will be part of a workshop using them.  This one had more of the central panel cut away & I also inserted an acetate window into the aperture.  The flower to the side was cropped from the main background sheet & 2 copies produced so that I could 3-d the flower.  Glitter was added to the centre of the flower & on the wings of the butterflies.  I also cut between the wings of the butterflies to give them movement.  I was very tempted to put another butterfly in that empty space to the side of the frame - but decided against it.

Here is the other side of the card
 Now you can see where the white flower came from.  Once again this card will be ideal for a friend with a June birthday - so I am well ahead of schedule.

Thank you for stopping by.

5 comments:

starcyl said...

This is lovely and wow you are early this week, this reminds me of a collector and how they would display the ones they had caught.
Thanks a lot for being with us again this week at CD Sunday.
Jenny x

Tess said...

Great card. I really like the frame box - clever idea.Thanks for joining us this week at Cd Sunday. x

Carol said...

I should have got here a bit sooner as my teamies are saying all the things I want to say. A great card again. You seem to love the construction process as much as the decoration side and they both go together so well.
Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Christine said...

This has the WOW factor for me, loving the construction process and the flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Hugs
Christine x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, love the little box you've created! Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
Claire xx