Saturday, 30 April 2011

A card with no challenge!!

I don't know what has happened to my mind today - I decided I must make a card for one of the challenges.  But what to use?  Well! my decision is most probably what caused me to lose my mind.  Not literally of course.

I decided to use the CD that was part of my prize from CD Sunday challenge last week.  What better item to use & I spent time looking at all the possibilities.  
  
Anyway back to my card. Having made my decision on which design to use I printed off all the elements I required.  Then I set to & made the card.  The reason for starting this post was to show the card & link it to the appropriate challenge - CD Sunday (see I thought it would be nice to use the CD from the prize - OK I won't mention the prize anymore - I promise).  I popped into the blog to check if I still had time to enter & found I had produced the wrong card & in any case had already entered the challenge & was in fact second to do so.  Now! which challenge does this card fit?  I had, as you will see shortly, made a card with pyramage.  I checked the challenge blogs that I watch regularly & found it.  Stamptacular Sunday with the theme - "Pile it On" - great!  Oops - then the mind woke up - magic word - STAMPtacular.  My card had no stamping on it.  Anyway - here is the card I have made  for a non-existent challenge.  It will make a very nice birthday card for a friend or relative later.

As you can see I made an easel card.  Again during the course of making it I changed my design idea.  I was going to do a double easel but then decided the little oval pyramage would fit better laying flat.  I trimmed the right hand flap to match the position where the easel would sit & stuck it down flat then put the pyramage on top.

Now to look carefully again at blog challenges at get my mind back in gear.
Thank you for popping by.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Very nicely done

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

This is fabulous Gloria, love the easel and the papers from your Prize Winning CD are fab.
Hugs
Christine xx