Saturday, 12 March 2011

Wow! A whole month

I really didn't think it had been that long - perhaps this will kick start me again.  Although I think I said that a short while ago.   Yesterday I had a really enjoyable play with Distress Inks on labels.


I enjoy working with labels as they are so versatile & can convert into great toppers. Distress Inks I am still learning about, & I like trying different colour combos as they can be so striking.



The image on the tag above was stamped with black ink & then embossed with clear Embossing Powder.  The two Distress Inks I used were Fired Brick & Wild Honey.  I always start with the lightest colour first, as is standard in colouring - just going around the edges & fading toward the centre.  Next I bring in the darker shade & if necessary go back over with the lighter colour again.  I find this blends the colours together more.  I allowed the Wild Honey to lightly cross the face to remove the stark white.

For this tag I stamped the image in the same way & then coloured the tag with Crushed Olive & Wild Honey.  I was intending to leave the face clean but I got carried away with the blending & went over the chin line, so a shadow has appeared on the face.  I quite like it though.
A lightly more delicate finish for this tag using Tattered Rose & Milled Lavender.  The Milled Lavender is quite heavy if you are not careful, but again I am happy with this.

During the week I showed some resist techniques at a rubber stamping workshop I was running, & realised that I hadn't actually done much for myself recently - so to finish my stamping session yesterday I did one piece.  I used the silk art card that Barbara Grey uses, onto which I stamped an image with embossing ink & embossed with clear EP .  As the Distress Inks were out I used them - selecting Crushed Olive & Wild Honey.  I used the CO first then down the side brought in the WH - which gave it a warmer tone.  I then buffed it with a tissue.  Very simple but actually will go nicely with the CO & WH tag above.  Hmmm! that will be the project for later today.  Here is the resist -
So all I have to do now is add some embellishments to the tags & then turn them into cards.  Perhaps you will pop back to see what I have done - it shouldn't take me another month. I hope to be back again each day now or at least every other day.

Also I need to go & check what is happening in the world of blog challenges & join in.
Thank you for popping in.





1 comment:

Christine said...

So pleased to see you back and posting, fabulous tags and a thankyou from me for sharing your colour choices. Gorgeous background too. Like you I must have more of a play with my DI's
Hugs Christine xx