Thursday, 31 March 2011

Tea then stamping - walk tomorrow

Well I just can't believe it - twice in one day!

After submitting my card for the CD Sunday challenge I had a nice cup of tea then popped upstairs to do some stamping.  (See earlier posting)

One of the ladies on my rubber stamping workshop earlier in the week had some new clear stamps that had come free with a magazine.  I so liked the look of many of them that I picked up the magazine - it was the "Let's Get Crafting" issue 30 on "Cards & Stamping".  OK! So I don't normally by the magazine so for me the stamps weren't free but even so an A4 sheet of stamps for £7-99 - a bargain & a half.  After looking through the magazine I really felt that  my creativity could get a kick start with their ideas.  So off I went.

I made 5 cards - 3 of them used the papers that came with the magazine too (see I forgot to mention that you got paper & card as well).  All the stamps I used out of the set will be used again, but I particularly fell in love with the cat & the butterfly - oh yes - & the wacky font type for a couple of the sentiments.  I am more of a dog person but that cat is soooooo funky & the butterfly looks great stamped over pattered paper.

Here are the photos;
I don't think it shows up in the photo that well - but I glittered the necklace, & the little jewels are the ame colour as the flowers on the cat.

This one I actually had the brain wave to put the image & the sentiment on the acrylic block at the same time - I know, that's the obvious thing to do - but I don't always think of it.

This flower garland is really pretty & I can see it being used lots of times.

Here's that cat again - love that sentiment too.  I did try cutting the cat out but it's a bit fiddly around his tail & it actually fell off poor thing.

Here's the lovely butterfly - they are glued to the card by their body only & I am quite pleased with the antennae that I drew in.

That's me & my stamping session.  Hope you like my cards.
Please drop by again.

1 comment:

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Lovely cards, Gloria.
It could have been a manx cat!!