Saturday, 26 March 2011

Joining in again

Hi
Here I am again & whilst it hasn't been every couple of days at least it hasn't been a month again.  Whatr has brought me back?  Wild Things has brought me back!

I am joining in by the skin of my teeth for the challenge over at CD Sunday Challenge where the theme is Wild Thing.  Here is my offering..............


................ and here is a close up of the 3-d image.  

I am not very fond of cutting out decoupage type work but felt that this bird needed to look as if he was really in flight.  He is fixed with double-sided sticky pads on the body only so that the wings are free.  I felt that an easel card was the best display for this image - but then at the moment I can't do enough easel cards.  All of the elements of the card are mounted on copper paper which I felt highlighted the colour on his head.

I have just popped back in after posting - because I forgot to say that the image is from the Jayne Netley Mayhew CD

I wonder what the theme is going to be tomorrow?

Right I am off upstairs to my craft room to do some more card-making now.

Have a lovely weekend.




5 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Misty's Mum
A gorgeous image and beautifully presented. Worth waiting all week for. The copper sets it off beautifully.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday - and I hope the next theme will inspire you as well.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Purple Crazy said...

Gorgeous card, i love easel cards too, they are great for displaying the lovely JNM images, Hope we see you back again next week, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday, hugs Wendy xx

starcyl said...

I love this image andagree it looks so good with the extra layer to make him look like he's really flying. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday and hopefully you'll like tomorrow's challenge.
Jenny xx
CD Sunday DT

Tess said...

Gorgeous card, gorgeous images. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. x

Christine said...

Super card and I love the image, must admit I have a love for owls, they are so graceful when in flight.
Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week and hope our next challenge will appeal.
Christine xx