Thursday, 31 March 2011

CD Sunday Challenge - Transport

Ooh! only 5 days between this post & my last post, things are improving.

The Challenge over at CD Sunday this week is on Transport - which was definitely going to give me a challenge, as I would have to go through quite a few CD's to find the transport images. Then I remembered that I had an MCS CD that had a motor-bike & an aeroplane on it.  I eventually found them on Klever Konstructions - Once in a Lifetime Vol 1.  Here is the card, it is a 3-d shelf card - I decided to try the aeroplane design. Details under the photos;

This is the card from the front view, you can see by the top of the back image that my card was a bit too thin. I am limited to the thickness of card I can put in my printer as it is a front loader so the card has to turn inside. I have cut out a second aeroplane a placed it over the original image with sticky pads.  The hardest part was cutting out the slots the the various pieces fitted into & because it was thinner card - making it all stand up properly.

This is the card taken slightly from the side & above to show the layers on the shelf.  I took the spare seagull & tested it for using the "spray & shine".  It looked good whilst wet, but the card absorbed it, so when it was dry it didn't look any different to before being sprayed.  I was a bit disappointed as I thought it would give the aeroplane a lift.  Never mind. I am rather pleased with it even so.

I think I will be tempted to try another one as there are some beautiful designs on the two CD's.  What I might have to do is print on the same card that I used & then adhere the pieces to a second sheet to make it sturdier.  Hmm!  perhaps I do need to hang on to my Xyron after all.

Well that's me for today.  I have promised myself some stamping time today - & I really should go for a walk, as I am trying to build myself up again with a half-hour walk each day.  But it is very windy today which is a bit off-putting.  Anyway I am off for a cup of tea whilst I decided what to do - then upstairs to the craft room.  I can always go for the walk after some stamping, can't I?

Thank you for dropping by - more soon.

6 comments:

Carol said...

My word what a work of art and what perseverance in overcoming obstacles.
I like your sentiments - craft work and then walking.
Thank you for joining us again at Cd Sunday.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Beryl said...

Glad you've got your priorities right - tea, crafting and then a walk if there's any time left.
Love this construction card and especially Biggles Seagull.

Thank you for joining in the CD Sunday challenge this week.
Beryl (GD) xx

Christine said...

Oh WOW, this is fabulous, it must have taken you an age to make. I know what you mean about searching through CD's, I had the same problem.
Hope you enjoyed your walk. Thanks for joining is again at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs Christine xx

starcyl said...

This is great, didn't really see these cd's when they were on the tv and didn't get it but now I've seen yours i can see the appeal.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

lovely card, been thinking about trying a shelf card myself, thanks for joining us at CD sunday this week, hugs Wendy xx

Tess said...

What a great card - very clver. Thanks for sharing with us this week at CD Sunday. x