Tuesday, 1 February 2011

What did I do during January?

Hello everyone
Well! That's the first month of 2011 finished & I wondered just what have I done with my stamping during this month?

Fairly early on in January I had made a decision to make as many cards as I could - possibly at least one a day.  More importantly to once again, as I did in 2010 make every card that I needed.  I hoped that being a stamper that most of them would be rubber stamped.  I do have rather a lot of other card-making stash that has accumulated which I knew I would have to use as well.

I sorted out background papers & matching toppers into sets & put them in a box.  Then I made the decision to open the box every so often & make a card with whatever was on the top.  This I have managed to do.  I was helped with the number of cards by also entering a couple of challenges - the number of which I hope to increase during February. Also, as you will see in the photos, I selected a stamp to work with most of the time - for this month is was the sentiment about Birthdays that was used.  I coloured the card with Distress ink or dye-based inks such as Kaleidacolor, having first stamped the sentiments in Versafine black & clear EP.  Then run the image through my Bigshot & a Nestabilities die.  I really enjoyed looking for toning ribbons, jewels & other means to embellish the cards to suit.  I did also use my image that I call my"Twenties lady" a couple of times & will probably use that a bit more during February.

That brings us to February & what am I going to do this month. Well! it will be  more of the same - although taking a look again at my "stash",  there are quite a few background papers that would take very nicely to being stamped on.  So that will be one method for this month.  All I need to do is select the rubber stamp I am going to mainly work with.

As many of the cards I make are put to fund-raising good - those cards will be made quicker - that is - a more clean & simple style.  I shall save the ideas & techniques that need a bit more time for the cards for family & friends.

Here is a slide show of my January cards - I hope you enjoy looking at them & thank you for stopping by.

EDITED AFTER POSTING
I have just watched the slideshow & there was a card in there that I didn't make - I must have picked it up erroneously - so I have removed it & rerun the slideshow..

No comments: