Sunday, 6 February 2011

Theme Thursday challenge --- Family

Hi it's me again - 2 blogs in one day - that is good!

Mind you it is easier to blog more frequently when entering challenges & the challenge this time is over at Theme Thursday & the theme is "Family".

For this challenge I decided on a tag - I do enjoy making tags.  Looking amongst my stamps I couldn't find anything that seemed to fit the challenge so I decided on ........... well, take a look & then I will explain;

 Is it my eyes or is that wonky!  The family group is my mother, with her mother & brother. I printed it on ordinary copy paper so that the image would not be too precise.  When looking for the tag  to use I found I had a couple of brownish coloured ones so that was my base.  I then used Adirondack Caramel lightly sponged over the picture - not too heavy & not evenly, just to get an aged look.  It was then mounted onto some burgundy paper & with a very small alphabet set of stamps I have I stamped the word "family" in burgundy ink.  In my ribbon box there was this calico style lace in just the right shade.  The gold peel-off word says "special" - which of course family is.  I then added  a burgundy ribbon loop plus 2 small cream  & one burgundy rose.

Very pleased with that - I hope you like it too.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

beautiful tag!