Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Some recent stamping

Goodness - ten days since I last blogged!

This week I have managed to do some stamping & selected one or two designs to work with.  One stamp I had had for a while but this was its first outing of use.  It looks like tulips with their leaves & stems wrapped in a Celtic knot, a really nice design - I seem to remember I bought it from The Stamp Man.


I think it would also look nice, & different, if it was coloured using non botanical colours.  Is that actually what I mean?  I think it is.  I might give it a try.

The other image that I used was of a poppy surrounded by oriental script.  I stamped this in Versafine black ink & embossed with clear EP, then I coloured the card over the top of the image with distress inks using a felt pad & applicator.  Before colouring I trimmed it with postage stamp edged scalloped scissors.  This meant the ink caught a little more on the edge,  The nice thing about this technique is that some colour can be removed.  On the dark blue image I was a little heavy handed with the colour near the centre, so just went back afterwards & removed some by dabbing with a damp baby wipe. Here are the photos;



I am very pleased with those - now to decide which ones to do next.

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments: