Friday, 4 February 2011

Love is in the air ........... Whateva!

Hi everyone
Ooh I love that title & it's all because I have made one card that is to be entered for two challenges.

Over at CD Sunday Challenge the theme is - "Love is in the air"
and
Over at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge the theme is - "Whateva!"

I originally picked the images for the CD Sunday challenge & took quite a bit of time trying to decide on the shape I would make the card. For a change taking my time over those thoughts worked well as I stumbled on a great easel design on a Create & Craft programme.  I then remembered that there was the Whateva challenge at Stamptacular Sunday & managed to find an appropriate stamp - so hopefully this little card fits both criteria correctly.  Here is the card;

It's a Double Twisted Easel card.  The CD I used was Doolicraft's "Seraphina through the Ages" & I think this image is from a section labelled - love is in the air. Also there is a decorative LOVE stamp underneath the pink flower.  I found it very difficult to get a good close up of that part of the card - sorry.
EDITED AFTER POSTING
I forgot to mention that the picture on the left hand side is a little pyramage picture of the courting couple.
The piece of card has to basically be a square so that when it is folded the length is twice the depth.  That is an 8" square folded in half will give you a doubled card measuring 8" x 4".  One of the halves is then cut in half from the fold to the outer edge.  Then those two squares are scored diagonally starting from the folded edge towards the outer corner.  Exactly as for a single twisted easel.  The part to watch carefully is when placing the images on the easels, as in order for them to be correctly orientated they have to be adhered on their sides. Here is a picture of the card laid flat to show you what I mean.  You can see a little clearer now the stamped image on it too.


I really enjoyed making this card - I hope you like it & thank you for dropping in.  Should you like to have a diagram of the measurements & cutting lay out - leave a comment & I will do my best to post a picture on the blog.  But it is very straightforward & the beauty of it is - it can be made any size providing you remember when folded length is twice depth.

I do hope you visit again.

8 comments:

Carol said...

What a great card. I never cease to be amazed at all the styles and patterns around for cards.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Sprytebyrd said...

Wow! What an amazing card! Love the double easel, and the twist is great!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

starcyl said...

This is a great card, I have made a twisted easel before but not a double! Great images and layout.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

2pDesigns said...

Lovely card......and thank you for such clear instructions on the making of the twisted easel - I'm going to try one of those myself now :)

Christine said...

Super double easel card with fab images. I saw this style demoed on C&C and thought I must try that.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Christine x

Tess said...

What a great card and perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday. Tess x

Skraptacular Designs said...

Thank you so much for participating in our "Whateva!" challenge this week at Stamptacular! Your submission is absolutely wonderful and so inspirational!

Also, in case you're interested, we're in the middle of a DT Call and would love for you to apply! You can find detailed information on what is required and how to apply on our Challenge Blog...http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com!

Thanks again for joining us this week at Stamptacular! I hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Karita said...

Lovely card! Great colours and wonderful details :)

Thanks for joining at SSC this week :)

Hugs,
Karita