Sunday, 6 February 2011

CD Sunday Challenge -- Friendship

Hello everyone
Well! the weather today was not for going out in so I went off to my craftroom in order to make cards for two blog challenges.

The first one is over at CD Sunday Challenge where this week the theme is Friendship.  Now! I have quite a collection of CD's - perhaps not the best admission for a rubber stamper to make - but I enjoy working with them especially the background papers.  Which one was going to give me friendship?  I didn't need to think for too long as I have a lovely CD called "Seraphina & Friends" from Doolicraft.  I have only used it a couple of times so it seemed the appropriate place to go.  Here is the card, & how I made it follows;

It's a mini easel card - only about 4" square.  I initially chose the set called "If friends,.." which is where I got the easel base from, using it straight from the CD printout.  But I had also taken a liking to another option which was "Playtime"  where the 2 friends are flying kites.  It also contained the sentiment.  So I mixed & matched the elements.  "Playtime" had 2 sizes of the picture & that lovely floral frame as well.  So I cut out the frame then cut out the white inner panel going very carefully around the flowers.  I have just bought myself a glass cutting mat & that really made a difference.  I then placed the frame over the picture on little foam pads.  The sentiment has been laid on a strip of the spotty border with foam pads & then onto the base of the card once again on foam pads. I also used some of the spotty border each side of the main image. The three little blue floral flat backed gems just finished it off. 

Doesn't it just bring back memories of playing skipping with your friends at playtime?

I hope you like it & thank you for looking.

7 comments:

starcyl said...

This is a lovely little card, proves you don't need to make huge things to produce something to be proud of and someone will love to find pushed through their letterbox.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week and best of luck with the draw.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

This is perfect for our challenge, nice to see different sizes of cards too. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week and good luck in the draw.
Christine x

Janet said...

A perfect little card! I like the frame you have used around those delightful mice. Thanks for the tip about the glass cutting mat. Many thanks for joining with us at CD Sunday and best of luck in the draw.

Janet xx
GDT

Tess said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday. Tess x

Purple Crazy said...

fabulous card, I always intend to do small, but they seem to grow !! thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday this week, Wendy, x

Carol said...

Hi Misty's Mum. First a huge apology for somehow messing up my visit when I first viewed your card. I must have pressed a wrong button. Anyway I am here now and want to say what a lovely card and the mice are delightful.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday and I wish you well in the draw.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Debbeesds Cds said...

Such a sweet card! Good luck with the CD Sunday prize draw!