This week I have managed to do some stamping & selected one or two designs to work with. One stamp I had had for a while but this was its first outing of use. It looks like tulips with their leaves & stems wrapped in a Celtic knot, a really nice design - I seem to remember I bought it from The Stamp Man.
I think it would also look nice, & different, if it was coloured using non botanical colours. Is that actually what I mean? I think it is. I might give it a try.
The other image that I used was of a poppy surrounded by oriental script. I stamped this in Versafine black ink & embossed with clear EP, then I coloured the card over the top of the image with distress inks using a felt pad & applicator. Before colouring I trimmed it with postage stamp edged scalloped scissors. This meant the ink caught a little more on the edge, The nice thing about this technique is that some colour can be removed. On the dark blue image I was a little heavy handed with the colour near the centre, so just went back afterwards & removed some by dabbing with a damp baby wipe. Here are the photos;
I am very pleased with those - now to decide which ones to do next.
Thank you for stopping by.