Tuesday, 11 January 2011

Two challenges in one - New & Blue and Sketch 93

Hi everyone
Finally I have had the time & the necessary papers & images with which to join in another challenge. 
Actually whilst trying to decided how to make the card I realised I could use it for another challenge too - what luck!
It was the colour theme that had been my first challenge to do, then I remembered there had been a sketch challenge on one of the blogs.  So I popped back to have a look & Voila! - 2 challenges could be entered. 
The colour theme was the challenge over at Stampin' for the Weekend - it had to be blue & include something new.  That could be a card for a new baby, house etc - or because of using a new stamp.  My reason was the new stamp.

So here is the card .............


and here is the sketch................


The sketch challenge was set over at Stamptacular Sunday.

The background papers & the dark blue ribbon & little pearls from my bits box. The "new" in this card is the stamp - a gorgeous little design from the Molly Blooms range by Clare.  I coloured the design with Promarkers - using denim on her jeans, shoes & gloves; Azure for the parcel; Sky blue for her shirt & headband & I forgot to make a note of the colour for the dots on the parcel, her hair & socks.  It was a very pale yellow colour to tie in with the slightly yellow parts of the design on the central background paper.  For her skin I actually used - Satin.  I don't have any of the skin colours yet - so if I am going to use this little cutie & her friend (a boy) I had better correct that situation.  I stamped her with Versafine Black & embossed with clear embossing powder.  I used a Coluzzle oval template to cut the image out, which I then drew a dash-dot border around & finally chalked the edges with light blue. I also applied that to the sentiments tag. 
I also learnt that perhaps the card I stamped her on was not quite right for the Promarkers - there was a tendency to bleed a little.  So will have to get some suitable card.  But all in all I am very pleased with this card.

Now I am off to find some more challenges.

3 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Really cute card, love that new image. Thanks for playing along at Stampin’ for the Weekend. Hope to see you back for our next challenge. Marianne x

Ashley said...

lovely image and colouring! nice job!! thank you so much for joining us at stamptacular! Hugs ashley

Karita said...

Lovely card with cute image! :) Your colouring is beautiful and DP´s are great.

Thank you for joining at SSC this week :)

Hugs,
Karita