Friday, 28 January 2011

Stamptacular Sunday ............. Three's a Crowd

Hi everyone

Here is my second challenge of the day, which is "Who said three's a crowd?" over at Stamptacular Sunday.

The challenge was to use 3 designer papers, 3 flowers, 3 ribbons & of course a stamped image.  Now! I very rarely make a card that has that type of finish - so I thought I should face the challenge.  Here is the card & as usual, how I made it follows

At the moment I am very much into monochrome (as much as possible), & I am also trying to use the same image in different ways.  My previous post had this lady in it on a red & black tag.

For this card I found 3 background papers in shades of blue with different patterns on - its a 6x6 pad I have had for a while & the cover has long since gone, so I can't say whose papers they are.  The strip along the lower edge I trimmed with my scroll border punch.  The lady I stamped in black Versafine ink & embossed with clear EP.  I then coloured the image with 2 shades of blue Promarkers, using a very light beige colour for her face.  I really must get some skin tone Promarkers!  Amongst my stash of flower sprays I found these little cream flowers & coloured one with one of the blue Promarkers.  They take the ink very well - which opens up lots of possibilities.  I made the little bows (bunny ear fashion) getting them as close to the same size as possible.  I have a bow maker - why didn't I use it?  Mind you I enjoy making those little bows by hand.  The style of this card is so outside my normal creativity - but I have to say - I love it!

3 comments:

CraftyJo said...

Yikes, that's a lot of 'threes' but you did great, it's very pretty and surprisingly un-cluttered.

Karita said...

Lovely card! :)
That Lady looks so elegant and you have done great job with our "Three´s a crowd" challenge!

Thanks for joining at SSC this week and hope to see you again :)

Hugs,
Karita

Annette said...

What a delightful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at SSC this week.