It's been a while, once again, since I blogged - but now I have something to blog about.
I have made a decision to pick a particular image for each month & make several cards with it. For January I selected a sentiment stamp, & stamped it onto cream card in black Versafine which I then embossed with clear EP. The next stage was to colour the card with distress inks & cut around the image with a Nestablities die. Hence the title - Ink on my fingers again, although I do admit that after the first 2 cards I decided that when I made the others I would wear the fine gloves. i just don't like messy fingers!!!! What am I like! After that it was a search through the stash boxes for embellishments, ribbon & gems etc.
Here are photos of a few of them;
I do make cards with things other than stamps & during last year collected a lot of background papers & toppers. I have to admit I am not sure why - but as there was so much of it, it was definitely time to start using instead of just looking.
Here is a photo of a birthday card I made for my step-daughter using papers & images from an issue of "Making Cards". When I saw the smaller round image I remembered the box of vellum metal rimmed tags I had. This seemed an ideal way to add a different embellishment. This box of tags was a birthday present from a friend a few birthdays ago & that is the first one I have used. When using papers like this I do also try & find a way to incorporate stamps, but this one I left very simple. -
All in all very pleased with a couple of days work.
Using various parts of my stash that I have accumulated I actually put together 44 cards last weekend. Might add some photos of some of them - but they are not stamped ones.
Hope to be back again very soon.
Thank you for popping in.