Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Ink on my fingers once again!

Hi everyone
It's been a while, once again, since I blogged - but now I have something to blog about.


I have made a decision to pick a particular image for each month & make several cards with it.  For January I selected a sentiment stamp, & stamped it onto cream card in black Versafine which I then embossed with clear EP.  The next stage was to colour the card with distress inks & cut around the image with a Nestablities die. Hence the title - Ink on my fingers again, although I do admit that after the first 2 cards I decided that when I made the others I would wear the fine gloves.  i just don't like messy fingers!!!!   What am I like! After that it was a search through the stash boxes for embellishments, ribbon & gems etc.


Here are photos of a few of them;









I do make cards with things other than stamps & during last year collected a lot of background papers & toppers.  I have to admit I am not sure why - but as there was so much of it, it was definitely time to start using instead of just looking.

Here is a photo of a birthday card I made for my step-daughter using papers & images from an issue of "Making Cards".  When I saw the smaller round image I remembered the box of vellum metal rimmed tags I had.  This seemed an ideal way to add a different embellishment.  This box of tags was a birthday present from a friend a few birthdays ago & that is the first one I have used.  When using papers like this I do also try & find a way to incorporate stamps, but this one I left very simple. -


All in all very pleased with a couple of days work.

Using various parts of my stash that I have accumulated I actually put together 44 cards last weekend.  Might add some photos of some of them - but they are not stamped ones.

Hope to be back again very soon.

Thank you for popping in.


1 comment:

Christine said...

Good to see you are back in blogland, fabulous cards and I love your birthday quote.
Christine xx