Sunday, 2 January 2011

Hello & Happy New Year

Hi!  is there anybody out there?

Well! after such a long break from blogging I wouldn't be surprised if I no longer have any followers & will be chatting to myself.  But hopefully I can put that to rights this year.


The tail end of 2010 saw me a little occupied with the final meetings of 2010 for my clubs, one of which sadly had to be cancelled due to the snow.  I did manage to keep the club blog going whilst working on the preparations at home for Christmas - not that I had much of that to do either. 


Lately I haven't participated in any of the challenges I had started enjoying doing.  I have really fallen behind with those - but I did make every single one of my Christmas Cards - a total of around 140.  Not all were stamped.  For quite a few designs I used papers & toppers that I have collected during 2010.  Which also came in useful when making a Christmas present for a friend - a desk calendar.  For another friend I made one of those bags along the style of Pinflair Crafts.  I didn't use one of their kits but did some "recycling" which I know my friend would appreciate - by using an Asda hessian shopper.  I had some very pretty pansy patchwork/quilting material - which I used to cover the front & back of the bag. I also found a rather cute cat stamp which I popped in the bag for her along with a book. So I haven't been dragging my heels exactly.

Here are some pictures of a few of the stamped Christmas Cards - the small cream one is the one that was done in bulk, & that one did not get sent out due to the 2 smudges on it.






So! today it is time to put things to rights.  I have just popped into some of the challenge websites to see what is happening this week - Sunday CD Challenge, Sunday Stamptacular  plus Sunday Sketch & Stamp.  There are others too but I though it being Sunday today that was a good place to start.


Here's a little slide show of my friends calendar;





That is it for today hopefully more tomorrow when I have worked on some of those challenges.

1 comment:

CraftyJo said...

I'm still here! And I recognise that cream-coloured card too ;)

I haven't been blogging at all lately, got far too many people in my house for me to settle down to anything I'm afraid, will have to sort that out soon and just start ignoring them all!