Wednesday, 26 January 2011

CD Sunday challenge - Waters Meet

Hello again
This afternoon I decided it was time to start entering blog challenges again.  So I have started with this weeks CD Sunday Challenge where the theme is Water Meets.  After having a little look amongst my CD's I plumped for one from My Craft Studio called "World of Watercolour" & the picture is "Yellow Boat" from CD1.

The first picture is the card laid down flat;



You can see that it doesn't want to lay completely flat & that is because it is an easel card with a difference.  Here is the other picture.

It is a twisted easel card. 
Because the right hand edge of the front is a little darker looking (it's just the light in the room where I photographed it) it looks like it is a piece folding forward - but it is actually flat. I am not 100% sure I have made it correctly as I have seen one somewhere, although I don't remember there being any instructions - just a picture.  Mine is a square card with the front half folded diagonally.  When I first folded it I folded the opposite way to how it has been finished, but that didn't look right, so I refolded it.  As usual sometimes mistakes don't hurt as when the card is laying flat both diagonal folds can be seen, but they create a grid pattern on which the image sits.  Phew!  The background paper on the base I chose because it gave the illusion of water & land reflection.  I printed a paler version to cover the inside of the front as well, then I cropped the narrow boat, enlarged it & mounted it on matching card to create the easel stop. I know - or at least, I think, that canals don't have seahorses in them, but he was so sweet I just had to include him.  He has been sitting in a box for ages waiting to be used.
Yes! quite pleased with that.
Right - I am off to search out another challenge.

6 comments:

Tess said...

What a great card. Never seen a twisted easel card before - thanks for all the info and for sharing with us at CD Sunday. Love the little seahorse. x

Christine said...

Beautiful twisted easel card, I saw Nancy demo how to do these last night so I will try this for myself. Lovely image too.
Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
Christine xx

starcyl said...

I love the twisted easel card, I've only ever done one before and now they seem to be gaining in popularity. This is a perfect card for the challenge, so thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

However it is supposed to go doesn't matter as it is such a lovely card. A beautiful peaceful scene and a seahorse as a bonus. I love seahorses.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Carol
xx

Purple Crazy said...

Fabulous card, lovely image, I do like this new twisted easel style, have already made a couple myself after seeing Nancy do it, Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. Wendy x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Nice work - thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.