Wednesday, 1 December 2010

An anniversary card

Two postings in one day!!!   - must get back to regular blogging & not leave such a long time between.  I haven't been taking part in many challenges this last couple of weeks, so when I start again that should keep the blog ticking over nicely.

This anniversary card is for Nicky (Bob's daughter) who lives in the States.  I am afraid no ink got on my fingers for this one as the image & background papers all come from a CD.  This time it is the Joanna Sheen CD called "Dancing with Shadows" which has lots of silhouette images.

I chose this particular design because it complimented the one that I used for Nicky's wedding card.  I thought it would be nice to keep a theme running.

Because the images on this CD are PDF's not Jpegs I picked them up with the snapshot tool & pasted them into a Word document in order to have several copies of the image at the size I wanted.  I also took a snapshot of the background paper in order to produce a matching insert.  By using Word for the insert, a message can be written onto a white area produced by creating a text box.  The background paper was actually from another design on the CD, but I liked the colour - pale green - & the light fronds of branches complimented the frame around the couple. The whole thing was completed by the addition of a faux bow in pale green ribbon above the main image.  By a faux bow I mean the version where 2 holes are punched & the ribbon is fed through them from front to back at both ends.  Then the ribbon ends are crossed over at the back & brought back out through the holes to the front.  They are then trimmed to suit.  Unfortunately I don't think the ribbon shows up all that well in the photo.   Here it is;



No comments: