Wednesday, 10 November 2010

CD Sunday Challenge - Natural World

It's been quite a while since I entered a challenge - so hopefully this is the first of more to come again.

The image & background papers are from the safari section of Jane Netley Mayhew Collection CD.  Here is the card & how I made it follows;


and here is a close up of the main image



I started by selecting several images of the cheetah in different sizes & the background paper with the head repeated across it.  The other background paper came from one of the other images on the cd.  I decided an easel card would be the way to go - just can't stop making these.  I covered the base card with the paw print background paper on the outside.  The main image is layered onto copper coloured thick paper.  I then cut carefully around the cheetahs head from one of the other images, but left the straight left side & bottom intact.  I then placed it over the first image with 3d pads. Copper ribbon was wrapped around the front flap of the card & the main image stuck over it.  For the lower panel I used the other background paper, then used a strip of the "head" background paper layered onto another piece of copper paper which was put on foam pads to create the "stop".  Two of the smaller images were then mounted on copper paper too & stuck either side of the main image on the stop.  A little embellishing with copper peel-offs completed the picture.

I am having trouble finding the right weight card to put through my printer as it is one of those that takes the card through to the back as it prints & then turns it over to come back out at the front again the other way up.  So I need to find card that will roll easily. 

9 comments:

starcyl said...

I love this card, this image is the 1st one I used when I bought this cd. Love the way you have decoupaged the cat's head. Thanks for joining in with us this week at CD Sunday and best of luck withthe draw.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

Lovely easel card and super image. This is a lovely CD with beautiful images. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week and good luck for the draw.
Christine x

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card hun, I love easel cards, Thanks for sharing with us CD Sunday this week xx

Doreen said...

A great card.Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday.xxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A fabulous cat card. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

Anne said...

Wow, love it! Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday and good luck. Hugs x

Caroljane said...

A lovely card using a striking image.
I was fascinated to read all about your printer - sounds a tad complicated.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
Carol
xx

Tess said...

Great card great image. Thanks for joining us this week at Cd Sunday. x

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

That's a lovely card Gloria...another cd I hAVE to buy!!