Friday, 8 October 2010

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - "Layer it on"

Good morning

I am finally catching myself up with challenges.  Today I completed my entry for a blog I recently stumbled on called Stamptacular Sunday.  I had previously entered one of their challenges with my "Grid" tag. Their challenge this week is called "Layer it on" & they ask that the project has a minimum of 5 layers.

I have just popped into the blog to check I haven't run out of time to enter & there are 239 entries.  Wow!  Still going to add mine though.

Now! decoupage & I do not gel too well.  But looking at my stamps I found one that I could carry out this technique with quite nicely.  It is a stamp called "Gracious Lady" by Artprints.  I have had it for some time & have used it a fair amount but not for quite a while.

The base card is a 6" x 4" black card onto which I have randomly stamped the image with Versafine Black ink then heat embossed with clear EP.  Next I stamped the image 6 times onto white card with the same ink & EP.  Then it was time for cutting out - the first image was trimmed to have a narrow white border, then the other 5 gradually having more parts cut away.  In the photo it doesn't show up too well that the first decoupage layer has had all the background cut out leaving just the lady & the left-hand border, with separately, the little corner postage mark.  Finally I layered white silk ribbon with black organza ribbon, placed the image on top & added a double "knot" or faux bow.

Here it is along with a small side view for the layers;


What do you think!

Off to look for my next challenge & to make a special wedding card, plus looking for a design for our daughter-in-laws birthday.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Gloria, you have made a fab card using this beautiful image and decoupage.
You have a lot of patience to cut out 5 individual images, well done.
Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog.
Hugs
Christine xx

Marianne-db said...

Hi, this card is so elegant! Love the black-and-white!
Thanks for joining our fun at Stamptacular this week! Hope to see you again soon :-)
Hugs, Marianne

Betty Wright said...

WOW! Great black white combo and the style is very chic. Your paper tole design and layers are amazing! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenges!