Saturday, 16 October 2010

The Jewellery Quarter

Hi
This is my entry for the challenge over at Tag You're It!  This week the theme is the jewellery quarter.  Details of how I made it after the photos;




I am not into jewellery making so I don't keep a lot of blingy items in my stash.  But this beautiful jewelled butterfly stamp by CaroLines seemed to fit the bill especially if I gave it a Faberge look.

The image was stamped 3 times onto the card.  Once complete in the centre & then a half image each side. I used Versafine ink & heat embossed it with gold EP. Then I stamped & cut out the butterfly again, & created the "jewels" with gelly roll pens giving them two coatings to create a jewelled image. The body was created with little flat back stones.  The photograph doesn't do it as much justice as it deserves - even if I say so myself.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful Butterfly image, but then I am a butterfly freak.
Love the way you used Sakura for some bling.
xx

Sam said...

What a beautiful use of colour and I love how you've made the Sakura pens look almost gem like! Wonderful, thanks so much for playing along at TYI this week :)