Thursday, 14 October 2010

Fairy Tales

This is my entry for the challenge over on the Pollycraft Monday Challenge blog.  The theme this week is "Fairy Tales".  I will put the picture here first & follow it with a description of how it was made.

The pink surround is just that of the paper laid behind it whilst I scanned it.  It helps show up the card.  Now! Why did I decided to place the stamped images onto black labels.  I am not sure - I had an idea, but it didn't come together - so I stayed with the black tags & then coloured a white card with direct to paper - a la Tim Holtz, placing the colours to co-ordinate with those on the tags.  The tags were then placed on the card. The two fairies are from a little stamp set that came free with a recent craft magazine & I don't recall which one or the make of the stamps.  The small fairy that is dotted around on the card & the tags is from CaroLines

For the fairies I blended the colour onto white card then stamped the two fairies in black ink & heat embossed with clear EP.  I then stamped them again & coloured them with Caron Dache watercolour crayons. When that was dry I cut out the two fairies & for the wings used a white gelly roll pen before finally sprinkling with fine glitter.  Glitter is something I don't use much - but it is necessary for fairies, isn't it.  I then 3-d layered the cutouts onto the image on the tags.  Some glittery fine multicoloured thread was used through the top of the tags. The glitter on the wings doesn't show up too well - perhaps I should have taken a photograph rather than use the scanner?

2 comments:

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Pretty fairies!

Sandra said...

Beautiful card,love what you've done with the images,great take on our fairytale theme this week...thanks for playing along with us at Pollycraft....

Have a lovely weekend
Take care
San x