Tuesday, 5 October 2010

CD Sunday Challenge - Decoupage

Decoupage is not my most favourite craft - so I have taken the easy route on this one & created my challenge card for this weeks CD Sunday Challenge with pyramage.  Well, it is a form of decoupage after all.  Here it is, along with a close up of the decoupage..................................



I used the "Pretty in Porcelain - CD2 from MCS.  This CD holds some beautiful images which create plates.  When I printed my chosen design I decided the actual plate was too big for the card I had in mind.  So I didn't use it - but it will come in handy one day.  I then decided that the base card had to be a pale lilac too, but that would mean the base circle would merge with it.  I didn't have anything to cut a circle a little bigger than that image.  My Nestabilities were not big enough & I don't have a round coluzzle template.  Whilst sitting at my desk thinking about it - I spotted my Ancient Page Rainbow inks which are in a scallop edge box.  So I turned it upside down & drew round it onto white card.  Voila! right size interesting base for image.  I used a strip of the matching background paper & edged it with some narrow lilac ribbon I have - sticking it to the card with narrow DSST.  When trying the layout I decided to put another ribbon strip down the left-hand side of the card.

So now I have another use for my ink pad box - making scalloped cards - brilliant.  isn't it fund when you stumble on something, another way to do things.

4 comments:

Tess said...

What a fabulous card - great colour combo. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. Tess x

Christine said...

Gorgeous card, my favourite colour scheme too. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday and good luck in our draw.
Christine xx

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card, love the colours.Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday.xxx

starcyl said...

Now this is just my type of card, love the colours and how very inventive of you to find just the thing you needed. Thanks for joining in with us aCD Sunday and best of luck with the draw.
Jenny x