Friday, 17 September 2010

Tag You're It! - Fairy Garden Tag

Hello welome to todays blog, here is my tag for this weeks challenge on Tag You're It!

The Fairy is part of a cute little set that was a free gift on a magazine.  I cannot remember which magazine which is a shame.  The tag is just an ordinary luggage label which I have slightly stressed with the green & orange shades from Kaleidacolor Ink Pad - Autumn Leaves.  The fairy was coloured in with Letraset Aquamarkers, but the card that I stamped on was not best suited to the aquamarkers - but I still like the effect.  On her wings I used a clear gelly roll pen & then covered it with a fine sparkle glitter. I then cut around the stamped image with my curved stamp-edge scissors and stressed the edges a little with the green ink as above, it was then mounted on the tag with sticky pads to raise it slightly.  The little spray of flowers was also from the free set.  Finally a length of ribbon looped & popped through the tag hole.  I enjoyed making this little tag & it will join a collection of tags I have been making recently & mounted in my book of tags.

2 comments:

Anne said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love your gradiated background and the image is just delightful! Gorgeous tag!! Thank you so much for playing with us at TYI! :o) xx

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Cute fairy tag...lovely