Monday, 13 September 2010

Introducing some of my work

ETA - I have entered my Diamond Anniversary card in this weeks challenge at "Tuesday Taggers".  The card was made this week for a colleague - so quite timely really. No stamping this time.


Welcome, on this rather blowy Monday.  If it continues to blow like this we could lose leaves off the trees before we see those lovely autumnal colours.

I have had a rather rickety start to this blog as I hit a couple of snags with things disappearing that I thought I had set up.  But through the kindness of others I think everything is OK now.

I spent the weekend looking at challenge sites to see those that would interest me, so now I just have to have a go.  This I have done already by joining Splitcoaststampers (SCS) & taking part in one of their Sketch Challenges - here is a photo of my version - I called it "Coppery Autumn".  The tree & owl stamps are from the "Autumn" set by Kanban.  The patterned background squares were created with those sponge moulding tools (the name of which I have just forgotten) & some little edger stamps from CaroLines.  I was going to include a picture of the sketch but got a bit tied in knots on the layout, so have only shown you the card.

Also over the last few days I have been making a card for a colleague who has friends about to celebrate their Diamond Wedding. Today it reached completion after a couple of frustrating moments.  I had originally decided to make it a side stepper card, but for some unknown reason the card would just not fold flat - it tipped up on one side.  Yet I checked & rechecked measurements & position of the cut. So after 2 attempts I cut my losses & did an Easel card.  Here it is;


I think the photo could have done with lightening a little before posting. The holographic card in the main topper looks multicoloured in this photo - which I suppose it will do when the light hits it anyway - but it is completely silver & looks like lots of crushed glass ......... oops I mean diamonds.

Well, there we are then - my first proper post.  I look forward to chatting to you again, please pop back soon.

4 comments:

Teressa Thompson said...

Very cool though! I think the lighting and photo stuff will come.

Thanks for sharing!

Tee

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Lovely cards.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Two beautiful cards.

Sally H said...

It is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at TT this week