Thursday, 23 September 2010

Grid - Colour - All Sorts

Goodness - I can't believe I haven't been here for nearly 4 days.


I have not been that creatively active - but have made up for it today.  As I have been popping in & looking at other crafters blogs I noticed that quite a few of them enter multiple number of challenges.  How do they find the time?


Well! if you look carefully - it's very clever - you make a card, tag or whatever is required in a way that will fit several challenges.   So! today was the day for me to enter challenges in this way.

Over at Stamptacular Sunday the challenge was to include a Grid. Then on the
Tag You're It  blog there was a colour challenge.  The final one was over at Tuesday Taggers where the theme was "It Takes All Sorts".  The colour challenge did test me - as to being able to find colours close enough - I would describe them as a very light creamy colour, latte coffee & pearlescent blue.


Also at Tuesday Taggers this challenge is being sponsored by Ribbon Oasis.  I haven't yet learnt how to put a logo on here - but click on the highlight & go to their website - they are just gorgeous.


So! what did I do?  Take a look at the picture first - then I will describe beneath it how I produced the finished tag.  I am very much into tags at the moment & so was very pleased whan I managed to make this one fit three challenges.


For some reason the photograph does not do it credit on the grid detail, which I produced on my Hougie board.  The left to right diagonals are clear but the right to left diagonals do not seem to show very well. The tag itself is the creamy colour & I have coloured it with Stonewash  & Latte Andirondak Ink using a sponge applicator - a technique I am using a lot.  I stamped the image twice on spare creamy card.  The top one was stamped in Stonewash & left to dry a little.  I then went back & used a damp paintbrush on it to pull the colour into the design.  The second image was stamped with Latte & actually stayed wet long enough for me to emboss with clear EP.  I then coloured the flower with a Caran d'Ache watercolour crayon in pale blue.  The two medallions are attached to the gossamer pale blue ribbon & hang free from the tag. The stamp is one of Carolines earlier Kaleidoscope images.

Phew! I think that makes up for a lack of blogging.

2 comments:

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Very nice I like the subtlety if that's the right word!

Ildiko said...

Love the tag. Thanks playing along with TT this week
hugs
Ildiko