Friday, 24 September 2010

CD & Stamp challenge

Another creative day today - much more satisfying -  just hope I can keep this going.

First card to be made was one for my brothers birthday - then one for a colleague who is in hospital.  The two cards were a Clean & Simple design & used the same image from the Joanna Sheen - Jane Netley Mayhew Collection.

Also I have finally got round to entering a card in the Sunday CD Challenge which this week is to use a stamp along with CD images/papers.

I chose a Winter Wonderland background, from the free My Craft Studio CD with this weeks Crafts Beautiful, & layered it onto some silver holographic paper, then onto a white card.  Along the bottom I placed some blue ribbon through a start shaped ribbon brad.  The stamp I used was one of Carolines silhouette fairies.  She looks like she is about to lift off from the ground. I had several attempts with this one as at first I didn't think the blue ink went too well with the background colour.  So then I decided to stamp & emboss with white EP.  Now! the embossing powder would not stick to the paper even though the stamp had been well inked.  So I brushed away the powder & noticed that the image could still be faintly seen.  So I dried it with the heat gun.  I liked the finish - so stamped another one slightly higher & moving towards the tree.  The lower image is quite clear & looks like it is part of the background paper - the one a little further up is not so clear but it is there.Then the final one I stamped in blue ink as if she was about to land in the tree.  I enjoyed this challenge & the images on the CD are beautiful - I don't know if it is a full Winter Wonderland CD but still worth the cost of the magazine.  There is also an offer in the magazine for another free MCS CD - just pay the postage.  Here is my card; 

One of these days I will get the project straight in the scanner.

5 comments:

Tess said...

Wow! That is stunning! Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week. Tess x

Christine said...

Fabulous card, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday and for giving a super write up.
Hope we see you again.
Christine xx

starcyl said...

This is a stunner, thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.Thanks for sharing this with us at CD Sunday.xxx

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

What a beautiful card! I've now got to go and get Crafts Beautiful mag!