Thursday, 30 September 2010

Autumn at Tuesday Taggers

Today I finally finished the third challenge I was working on this week.  It wasn't because it was difficult that I have been slower, it was because I had an idea of a way to meet this challenge & just didn't get it right.  Hence it went in the bin - something I don't often do.  I usually put it somewhere to see what I might salvage at a later date, but I was too disappointed in it this time.

At the moment the autumn colours are amongst my favourite, perhaps it is just because of the season approaching, & of course I love the blending of inks.  I was quite pleased with the way the cloud over the sun worked by swiping the edge of the ink pad.  I was a bit concerned at first that I might end up with too wide a stripe. But I seem to havae got the balance right.

So here it is;


I coloured a basic luggage label with the Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, then went over it with the orange & green shades of the Autumn Leaves inkpad by Kaleidacolor leaving just a little light space near the centre.  The bare tree was stamped with Adirondak Espresso & the small leaf stamps from the Autumn Leaves pad.  Then a couple of small gold peel-off leaves to add a bit of light.  All the stamps are by CaroLines.  The sun was created by lifting a circle of the ink with a damp paint brush, then the edge of the Adirondak pad swiped across it for the cloud.  Finally a light brush with a damp paint brush to soften the cloud.

So now its off to Tuesday Taggers to upload the photo to their blog.

4 comments:

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Lovely tag...very atmospheric

Meggymay said...

Super tag, love your colours.

Zoechaos said...

Wonderful tag quite breathtaking. Thank you for sharing with us at TT this week. xx Zoe

Christine said...

Gorgeous tag, beautiful colours and love how you have used distress inks.
Christine xx